|Date||May 7-10, 2017|
|Partial Scholarships Available||Contact Todd Wallis|
|Participants||Hospitality professionals who have a minimum of two years’ experience in the industry or a related field|
|Pre-course Assignment||Cornell will provide assignments no later than 2 weeks in advance. Assignments are readings, projects, or problem sets requiring approximately 2.5 hours of study time. Completion prior to the course is required|
|Certificate of Completion||Obtain a certificate of completion for the course, which qualifies as one of the four courses required for a Cornell PDP Certification|
|Lodging||Special rates at these Accommodations.|
Cornell University School of Hotel Administration Essential Skills for Leadership
For more than 80 years on the Cornell University campus, the School of Hotel Administration’s Professional Development Program (PDP) has advanced careers of professionals, managers and executives with Cornell’s renowned faculty experts. This course is now available at The Vail Centre in Colorado.
Understanding yourself as a leader of others is a prerequisite for your success. Through experiential activities, personal assessments, and interactive feedback, this course will enhance participants’ understanding of their own individualized, leadership styles and strengthen their abilities to lead others in their hospitality organizations.
- Understanding your personalized leadership style, including emotional intelligence.
- How to motivate both outstanding and challenging employees to higher levels of performance
- How to turn work groups into inspired teams
- Leveraging the best parts of contracts
- Teaching others to learn from change
- Taking a creative approach to problem-solving
- Obtain key insights into your unique leadership style
- Learn how to overcome any blockages that are impeding your ability to effectively lead and manage others
- Strengthen your ability to motivate all types of employees